Friday, February 3, 2012

My conversations with HER - Part 2

My conversations with HER – Part 2 – Written on 6th October 2011


Om Tat Sat Brahmaarpanamastu


This morning, while preparing breakfast/lunch, my thoughts, as usual were wandering...

Me: So, what should I write about today?

SHE: First correct the error in the above sentence..

Me: Huh?....Oh!! Damn it ego...Did you just take the credit for the writings?...Sorry Lalithamba....What do YOU want me to write today? And how to recognize where & when you want me to stop?

SHE: Dasa Maha Mudras. Do the mudras before you start writing.

Me: Ok....Isn't there some mudra that asks you to "stop me when you wish to"....I neither remember the name of the mudra nor how to do it...Since I'm in the middle of cooking now & can't immediately look it up, I'll do it before I start typing.... 

Silence.

Me: That's it?? Is that what YOU want me to write today?? Ok....


It was getting late and my 3 year old son, was not cooperating at all....I had finally managed to get him to sit down & was feeding him breakfast, while my thoughts were wandering....

Me: It's already 7.10 am....I'm going to be late for work.....What am I doing at work anyway??...Why do I feel the urge to resign??...Is this the way Guruji would have felt too, before he resigned?? Well, if his 'project'  was to resign from work, so that he can built YOU the temple at Devipuram, then O Lalithamba, what is my 'project'??

A familiar silence.

Me:

   






Is it that 'giving-something-back-to-the-society' project?? But I told you about my initial conditions....YOU've shown me Viswakarma, but what about bringing Lakshmi Devi & Kubera also into my life...

SHE: How do you refer to Lakshmi Devi?

Me: Sri Lakshmi...

   






Could the 'Sri' in Sri Lakshmi be Srividya, YOUR Vidya??



As if in confirmation, my son asked me to sing to him the 'Lakshmi ummaachi song' { 'ummaachi' in Tamil 'baby' language means God}


Me: We'll sing it in the evening...Now eat quickly..We're getting late....

My son: No amma....Sing the Lakshmi ummaachi song { Maha Lakshmi Ashtakam, which my son & I chant in the evening}

Me:  I don't have book with me....

My son: Please amma...

Me: Ok....Namaste astu mahamaye, Sri peede sura poojithae......Eat Pranav.... Sanka, Chakra, Gadha Hasthe,Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe...



And I chanted it however it came to me...I was pretty sure I'd just "re-drafted" Lord Indra's version of Maha Lakshmi Ashtakam because I didn't remember the order of the paragraphs at all......Sorry Indra Deva.



Om Tat Sat Bramaarpanamastu.